The overall objective of SisAl Pilot is to scale up and demonstrate a new European technology at TRL 6-7, using different raw material mixes to produce silicon and silicon alloys, along with MGA and HPA, validating product quality, environmental impact and economic parameters to lay the ground for commercialisation.
- Define suitable raw material characteristics, availability and mixes for the SisAl process to assure product quality;
- Pre-industrial scale production of commercial grade MG-Si, HP-Si/SoG-Si precursors, Al-Si alloys, MGA and HPA, in five different pilot locations ® Assessment of processes and products;
- Develop at least five European business case scenarios for project partner clusters;
- Verify environmental performance and HSE compliance of the SisAl process;
- Dissemination and communication to create additional European societal value;